Are you a little artistically challenged or perhaps get stuck for ideas when faced with a blank piece of pottery? You are not alone, it is a common occurrence and we here at Razzle Dazzle have come up with a solution for you in the form of our Colour Me range.
We have taken inspiration from the colouring craze that has been around now for a few years. If you take a little look at the picture you will see a selection of items that have black outlined images on them. We have drawn pictures with the black writer and then the pots have been fired in the kiln so that the lines won't rub off when you come to colour them in.
And that is it in a nutshell! Simple really.
You can also create these outlines yourself and if you take a look at our videos you will see some short tutorials on using the carbon paper and the writers.
Do you have a little one that will never be that size again? Now is the time to get some special keepsake items made before they grow too much! If you don't then perhaps you know someone who does and could let them know about the clay imprint service that we offer here at Razzle Dazzle Pots.
Our pottery painting studio is the perfect location to capture those tiny hand & foot clay imprints for those timeless keepsakes that will be treasured for years to come! We have been doing this now since 2010 so we are getting quite good at capturing your little ones hand and foot prints.
Forget those ‘do it yourself’ kits come along and get us to do it for you properly.
One imprint is £25.00, Two Imprints £35 and for two hands and two feet (only available for very small babies) - £40. All prices are for a single slab of clay.
The process does involve us holding your child’s hand or foot firmly and excerpting pressure to impress the hand or foot into the soft clay. Some children will find this restricting or uncomfortable and may cry. If you are in anyway nervous about the process please indicate to the staff member before we start so that we can discuss things with you and it maybe that you will need to wait until your child is a little older. However saying all of the that we have successfully done babies as young as five days old.
We will normally make one more than you require, this is an ‘insurance’ piece. Clay is a natural product and as such is not always predictable. There is a chance that the clay may crack at any time during the whole process, either drying out, first firing or second firing.
We do the extra one in the hope that one will not crack! Nine times out of ten both are fine and you will have the option to purchase the extra one at a reduced price. If all of them crack then we will of course get you back into repeat the process.
During the appointment we will discuss with you the colour you want the imprints to be and what you would like written on it. The clay is then left to dry. Once fully dried out we fire it, then colour and write on it, it is then fired for a second time to make it all shiny and bright!
As we want to prevent cracking as much as possible we allow the clay to dry slowly and as a result it can take three or four weeks (sometimes longer if its cold) for you to get your finished product
Absolutely not! Any age can have their imprint done. Perhaps you could have a family keepsake made with mum, dad and the children. Prices for this option are bespoke so you will need to discuss the options with you. We can also do imprints of older loved one, that perhaps might not be with us for much longer. We have close links with Hayward House and have made many special pieces of loved ones.
If you are interested in having this done then please give us a call or go online to book your session now.
At one time if we talked about keeping customers & staff safe we would immediately think about security measures and risk assessments for potential hazards. In this new world order of Covid 19, however, it means washing your hands and new buzz words like social distancing and one metre plus.
Things here at Razzle Dazzle Pots have changed a little bit and we feel that we are good to go, we have tried to keep the same friendly atmosphere and experience you all know and love but with just a few added cleaning procedures and the moving of furniture.
1. As of the 24th July 2020 the Government has issued a directive that everyone should be wearing a face covering to help protect others and restrict the possible spread of the pesky virus we all have come to love and hate!! well more hate than love.. So wear your mask when you arrive, and once you are sat down you can take it off. Please restrict movement around the studio. We will stop this practice as soon as we are advised we can!
2. Every table now has hand sanitiser on it, so has the counter. Please use this or your own frequently when in the studio. Also follow the guidance on hand washing.
3. New usable spaces upstairs mean that customers can socially distance whilst enjoying the pottery painting experience.
4. On the tables is a reminder about our procedures - so stay seated as much as possible, avoid touching things unnecessarily and only one person approach the counter when coming to pay.
5. We have gone computerised - woo hoo! No more hunting around for your receipt when you come to collect. It will be in your email, or failing that we have your transaction on our computer. It is all password protected (twice!) and it is just for our use - it will not be shared with anyone else. If we get a report of someone being confirmed as Covid 19 positive then we are obliged to share the relevant peoples contact details with the NHS Track and Trace, but only for that day. If you do not want this to happen please let us know and we will make a note on your record.
6. Booking - to help again with limiting contact between customers please book your session with us - there are buttons on the website and Facebook to take you to the right page. You can also call us and book over the phone - 0115 905 6029. You can still come in on the off chance but we would prefer if you call ahead.
7. After you have gone we will sanitise the table and all the stuff you have used. We have to be honest it is starting to smell a bit of anti-bacterial spray in here!
Whilst the studio has been closed we have been doing a bit of decorating and getting the place ready for you to come in and paint. Parts of downstairs, the actual stairs and the upstairs studios have had a make over and are looking gorgeous. We are feeling like we have been on an episode of Changing Rooms! Right from the beginning of lockdown we had an idea that once it was all over the way we do things are going to have to change. To start with downstairs we have moved one table out, this means there is more room to move around and also that you can be seated a little further apart. To compensate we will be using upstairs a lot more.
With this is in mind we have made better use of the upstairs rooms. We now have three rooms upstairs that will be available for painters.
The party room which many of you will already be familiar with has had a coat or two of varnish on the floor and a little bit of paint here and there. The tables are laid out for painters and can easily be moved around for when we can have groups in again.
The room across from the party room - Studio 2, was at one time used for doing clay work but since the wheels died it became a bit of a store room / overflow studio. This has been cleared of all storage and had a makeover. We think it is looking lovely. In there is a big table for eight and a regular table that seats four.
Our new room, which once was office to Jane's husband, Paul, is now our Studio 1 - Paul has moved office and we have given it a whole new look. Here you will find a small table for two and a large table for seven. It also has a sofa!
Once we are able to socialise with different people the two smaller rooms will be available to book for small parties.